RULES

Welcome to http://www.lhatebl0gs.blogspot.com/!

Just remember:
-NO spamming
-NO copying
-DON'T annoy me
-FOLLOW my blog

Hate my blog? click HERE to leave.

Friday, June 19, 2009

The book that made an impact on my parent's life


One of the blog prompts among 6 is 'The book that made an impact on my parents' life'. This blog post includes getting the parents’ involvement by interviewing them. After a series of interview, I found out that the book that made an impact on my father's life is a book written by the author, John C. Maxwell entitled "TEAM-The 17 indisputable laws of teamwork". It did not take him long time to recall this interesting book.

It is mainly about the importance of team connection, countability and mutual trust. There were 17 laws of teamwork in brief :-

1) Law of significance
2) Law of the big picture
3) Law of the Niche
4) Law of Mount Everest
5) Law of the Chain
6) Law of the Catalyst
7) Law of the Compass
8) Law of the Bad Apple
9) Law of Countability
10) Law of the Price Tag
11) Law of the Scoreboard
12) Law of the Bench
13) Law of Identity
14) Law of Communication
15) Law of the Edge
16) Law of High Morale
17) Law of Dividends

My father had shared with me 3 of them and I would also like to share the law of significance with you. Most of us in fact know that there are no problem we cannot solve together and very few that we can solve by ourselves alone. It means to remember that oneself should not only use all the wisdom and knowledge he/she has but also considering and accepting other's opinion that may be benefiting. We would actually benefit a lot especially when having helpful peers who support cross learning and sharing.

After this sharing from my father, I've broadened the horizon to share, interact and participate, listening to voices particularly from my family, teachers and trusted group of friends. I think this is really a perfect book to learn to teamwork and I would like to introduce this book to all book-lovers.

2 comments:

Kazereiki said...

I think reading this book will benefit all of us and improve our communication skills.
Goh Chih-Yang 1A205

Teow Yong Zhen said...

I think that it is an absolutely perfect book to rea as we can benefit from many different aspects. Well done, Ke Xun, for recommending such a good book.

Post a Comment