RULES

Welcome to http://www.lhatebl0gs.blogspot.com/!

Just remember:
-NO spamming
-NO copying
-DON'T annoy me
-FOLLOW my blog

Hate my blog? click HERE to leave.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

I rather be a city rat than a country rat

I think the statement “ I rather be the city rat than the country rat “ is merely a personal preference, there is no right or wrong. Reason I say so is after assessing the advantages and disadvantages of being a city rat and a country rat.

In a city, city rat would have a better chance to expose to better education system whereby education is fundamental for development of one. In city, more advanced technology is easily available, such as higher speed broadband connection, as a result, receiving world wide news is only in seconds, and always able to keep up to date with the happening in this world, which is essential in facilitate decision making especially in business world. Secondly, moving from one place to another is also much more convenient with the well developed transportation system, as such has shorten global distance, so visiting friends or family or even business customer , this has reduce the traveling time. In city, one also get to indulge in good foods compared to living in country which might not even get to fill up her stomach. Accessing to good food is also so convenient as there are so many quality restaurants or food stores that are easily accessible. In the city, there are also more job opportunities because offices and factories are mostly based in city. However, as a city rat, she has to live at a fast pace to keep up with the changes as life is very dynamic and things changes very quickly. As such, she need to constantly improve herself to face the fierce competition to prevent being eliminated. So life could be stressful.

As a country rat, she can lives at it’s own pace as life in country side is simpler and relaxed because there are lesser economic activities. Due to this, there are more time for leisure activities and slacking. Living in country also gets to enjoy fresh air, because there are less pollution in country. Clean environment is essential for health. There are less crime and robberies in country, so it is safer and security is not a big concern here. However, living in countryside will have its disadvantages too. Unfortunately, higher education opportunities is not developed here, where it caused many illiterate. Insufficient infrastructure for example, water and electricity supply, less developed transportation system will make country life less comfortable and could be challenging. Usually healthcare services does not get attention in country, that makes medical support a challenge at times. Due to lack of technology support, exposure to external world will be limited.

After comparing the advantages and disadvantages of the two lifestyles, I can conclude that it is really up to individual’s choice.

For me personally, I choose to support ‘ I rather be the city rat than the country rat ‘, reason being although being a city rat is more challenging, I can enjoy all advantages in city which can make me a better person if I know how to balance my lifestyle .

What about you?

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

There are many grammatical errors. Anyway, the explanation on both the advantages and disadvantages on the topic is very good.

Post a Comment